Food Bank Eligibility Criteria
The food bank will provide three weeks of emergency food if the clients falls under one of the following.
- In employment on zero hours contract/ minimum wage and has had an unexpected bill or demand for money leaving them and their family in food poverty.
- Clients returning to work whose benefits have stopped and have to work a period of time in hand before their first pay day.
- SBC/NHC resident who has fallen in to rent arrears that threatens their tenancy due to unforeseen crisis.
- Financial crisis that has led to the client to fall into food poverty.**
- The long term sick who are awaiting statutory sick pay.
- Awaiting benefit claim.
- Delay in benefit payment.
- JSA Sanction.
- Must be a resident of Stevenage, Knebworth, Datchworth, Walkern or Gravely
** A person is considered to be in Food Poverty it they have no food and no money with which to buy food after meeting their financial obligations (Rent, Gas, Electricity, Water Rates).