Stevenage Community Foodbank needs YOU!
Gain practical skills and experience, make new friends and make a difference to local families and residents in need!
We need new volunteers to join our enthusiastic and friendly teams:
• Donation Collection – Collecting from our donation points across the town and deliver them to our storage facility in the Stevenage Town Centre
• Food Sorting/Stock Cupboard – Every Thursday evening 6pm – 8pm date and sort donations and stock food cupboard for Friday food bank
• Food Drive and Events – Minimum of four times a year the team work with local supermarkets to raise donations. Also act as ambassador’s for the food bank at local functions.
• Volunteers – recruiting and managing volunteers and ensuring that they are supported and appreciated
• Friday Foodbank – Front of house team for Friday food bank. Helping our clients with food parcels customised to their needs. Sign posting clients to relevant agencies that can help our clients and just being a friendly ear for a chat
• Finance – Helping with the yearly budget setting and offering accountancy support
• Communications – marketing, PR, design, website, copywriting and social media