The Stevenage Community Food Bank is committed to protecting your privacy when you use our on-line, telephone or other services (“Services”). In this policy we explain how and why we collect your information, what we do with it and what controls you have over our use of it.
Your acceptance of these Privacy Statement terms
What data do we collect and how do we use it?
The Stevenage Community Food Bank collects and processes information about you in order to:
- Identify you each time you visit a Web Site
- Improve our Services and Web Sites
- Customise your experience, for example, provide advertisements that we think are relevant to you and which support any specific requests for information you may make through keyword searches
- Carry out research on the demographics, interests and behaviour of all of our customers; and send you information we think you may find useful, including information about The Stevenage Community Food Bank and the service we provide
- You may be asked, either when you register with us, or at other times, for information about yourself, such as your name, e-mail address, postal address and telephone number. You may also be asked to share with us your interests, hobbies and preferences.You are under no obligation to provide this information, but if you don’t then we may not be able to provide you with certain services or personalise your experience and tailor our Services for you.
Log files/IP addresses
When you visit our Web Sites, we automatically log your IP address (the unique address which identifies your computer on the internet) which is automatically recognised by our web server. We use IP addresses to help us administer our Web Sites and to collect broad demographic information for aggregate use. We do not link IP addresses to personally identifiable information.
Non personal information
We may automatically collect non-personal information about you such as the type of internet browsers you use or the site from which you linked to our Web Sites. You cannot be identified from this information and it is only used to assist us in providing an effective service on our Web Sites. We may from time to time supply the owners or operators of third party sites from which it is possible to link to our Web Sites with information relating to the number of users linking to our Web Sites from their sites. You cannot be identified from this information.
Food bank policy
The food bank is committed to providing short term relief for residents of Stevenage and Knebworth. Our policy is to issue no more than three vouchers per year – whether this be three separate occasions or three consecutive occasions.
The Stevenage Community Food Bank operates a voucher system. Vouchers are issued by agencies in Stevenage and Knebworth. Consecutive re-issues will be dealt with at the Stevenage Community Food Bank. Decisions made by The Stevenage Community Food Bank are final.
The Stevenage Food Bank will not tolerate clients who are under the influence of drugs or alcohol when visiting the food bank. Clients will be asked to leave.
As a rule, cookies will make your browsing experience better. However, you may prefer to disable cookies on this site and on others. The most effective way to do this is to disable cookies in your browser. We suggest consulting the Help section of your browser or taking a look at the About Cookies website which offers guidance for all modern browsers.